Sport at NTU means something for everyone: from casual and beginners’ classes, to clubs, competitions and training. We help everybody shine, from the amateurs to the athletes – so whether you’re looking to test yourself against the best, or just find your way around a chest press, we’ve got you covered. In a place where opportunities are everything, you don’t have to be great – you just have to be willing!
Some of the sports, fitness and exercise highlights at NTU include:
- our huge gyms, which will be open from September. We’ve introduced a number of new measures following Government advice, to help keep you safe when you’re using our equipment and facilities. More details on these measures can be found on our website, and on the NTU Sport App.
- a full schedule of exercise classes. We’re currently looking at how we can increase the capacity of these classes, and even plan to host some of them online.
- NTU’s “Play for Fun” programme, which will have an adapted range of activities available. If you want to find out more, sign up for our “Play for Fun Saturday”, where you’ll have the chance to try out a range of sports sessions for free. See the full timetable of activities of the NTU Play for Fun Facebook and Twitter page. Bookings must be made in advanced through the NTU Sport App.
- NTU’s 60 sports clubs, which open their arms to every level of ability. Some clubs’ activities have been adapted in line with the Government’s guidance. To find out more about club trials and tasters, look out for the Freshers’ Fair, or visit the NTU Sport website.
- NTU’s Sports Volunteering opportunities – a great way to support your local community by doing something you really love.
The NTU Sport App can be downloaded from the Play Store and the App Store. If you are having difficulty in accessing the NTU Sport App, please email us. You will need your Member ID to create your account, which can be found in the ‘Create New or Reset Password’ email.